Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Wekennd

We had a fun weekend. It started with a nice late Thanksgiving brunch at the Oceanarium. It was really nice and very cool. The restaurant has a huge fish tank on one side of it. And we got FRONT ROW!! Seats to it. It was very cool. The kids kept saying "look there is Dorie, Nemo, Mr Ray" It was funny to hear them compare all the fish to the Finding Nemo cast. It was also really cool cause a "mermaid" came and fed the fish (a girl dressed as a mermaid). And it was all you can eat. Now as most of you probably know I am not a big fan of buffets mainly cause I can't special order the dish without this and that. So eating for me was a bit of a challenge. So when we got up to the buffet line there was this alfredo pasta thing, and I thought "OH YUMMY!" So I put some on my plate and got some other things and went back to my chair. I took a few bites of the pasta, and then noticed some shrimp. Now many of you might be thinking "score!!" Me I am thinking crap that has iodine in it. See when I was 16 I gave blood at a blood drive and found out I was allergic to iodine. Now I have never ingested iodine before, not a big fan of seafood, so I was really nervous. But a few second after I had my pasta noodles that had soaked in iodine sauce I started to cough, and my throat started to tickle and itch. Now we were with Whitney and Leland and Whitney is a nurse, but I begun to panic. I just drank alot of water, and some juice. Then sat there not really sure what do to. I just waited. Well nothing else happened my throat just tickled and itched the rest of the day. John nicely pointed out to read the cards that said what the dishes were. Those cards I had never even seen when I went up the first time. After that we went and looked at The Niu new house. WOW!! is it nice! I am so jealous. I told John that if we were not moving in May we would be moving next to Whitney. I am sad they are leaving Iroquois Point, not for them of course cause they got a killer house out of it. But sad for me, she will be by Tripler now, that is about 20 away with no traffic. After that John and I came home and prepared for a Black Friday shopping.'

Black Friday:

Oh it was so fun and exhilarating! But complete exhausting. See last year Whitney and I went and we got to walmart at 4:30 doors opened at 5am. We were thinking we will be fine. Well the line to get in was through the parking lot, wrapped around the next parking lot, out to the street, through the supermarket parking. And that is where we ended up. So this year I was going to get in early and get what I needed. We talked to others that were there earlier and they said they got there at 3:30 and they were still in the walmart parking lot, so I thought 2am would be fine. Well with all that is going on in the Niu's life right now Whitney could not go with me, so I asked John if he wanted to get a sitter and go with me. And that is exactly what we did. We got to walmart about 2:15 and we were in the next parking lot over. WHAT!! Yup that is the way it works I guess. By the time they started to let people in the line was through the supermarket parking lot, back to the street, curving around and back out to the main drag. It was crazy! But I did get my Cricut Expressions machine. FINALLY!! I have wanted one for a long time. But they are $435 normally. I got mine for $200 YEAH!! We hit 9 stores in 7 hrs and got all of our shopping done. Well except a few stocking stuffers for the boys, and our new tradition of PJs. But all the main big stuff is out of the way. After our naps and dinner we put up the Christmas Tree. So now we are all ready for Christmas.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I thought you guys were going to live over at Pearl Harbor when you got back. What happened to that idea?
Are the Niu's building or just buying a house?