Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 5

We got up early cause we had to go listen to a timeshare presentation for Wyndham. We both went in with the idea that we already have a timeshare and we don't need another. But Wyndham is RCI's (which is what we have now) parent company and way better and has more options. It is kinda like Toyota versus Lexus. Made by the same people, but one is just fancier by nature. Well we currently have a "Toyota" timeshare. And if I hadn't just spent 8 months away from John to become debt free, then I might have opted for the "Lexus" of timeshares. I really wanted to do it, it is such a better deal. But every "Lexus" as pimped out as they come has a hefty price tag that comes with them.

After our timeshare presentation we had our massages, this was greatly needed since I was still hurting from Billy. I did inform them that I had recently been thrown from a horse. They did what I can only imagine was some sorta spine alignment test, and they told me that I was good to get a massage. YES!! OH it was wonderful and relaxing and OMGoodness!!



After our 80 min massages we were feeling much much better. I was still sore, but 100% better. We meet with Leland and Whitney for lunch at Bubba Gumps, which is RIGHT on the water. As we waited for our lunches to arrive we watched the waves come in and go out, and every time a bigger wave came in you could see fish in the wave. It was pretty cool.





After lunch we went back to the resort to drop the car off, cause we wanted to walk through Kona. We really hadn't had the time to do "touristy" things. Since we had time before the Luau that night we decided to take that time to get out and see some sights

First we stopped and took some pictures of the resort we stayed in which was very very nice, thanks Whit and Leland



This hot tub was very cool. It has a sand bottom. And a nice shallow end that you could lounge in along with lava rock walls







We found out what The Niu's last name meant



Since I didn't have kids to be impatient I wanted to stop and take artsy pictures, but I did have one kid... Are you done yet?!







Another black crab for John





I also wanted to take pictures of weird signs and statues that were in Kona and other places on the island











OK Yes John is talking to a statue and yes he has a goatee, thanks for growing it out hun, for me



As I post these pictures for all to see, i think to myself "One might think that John didn't enjoy this vacation at all!!" He swears up and down that he did, and that he just DOESN'T smile!





Well he had a bat in the cave





As you walking down the street in Kona, suddenly in the middle of everything there was this sign



and behind the gate this is all there was



The Luau













They showed us the different was you could wear a lava-lava









The beautiful moon that night















John hates when people call him out in public, we talked about that at Bubba Gumps, when someone else was sung to for their birthday. So Whit decided that it would be funny to turn John's name in saying it was his birthday. He played it off cool. But to get back at Whit, when they needed volunteers for dancing on stage John helped point the way to Whit, which everyone in our group was calling out anyway. So he asked me to post this picture to continue to get his revenge. LOL

1 comment:

Fightingthebattle said...

Ah Shari! I miss you. I would have given anything to have gone on that vacation with you, I am in need of one! My favorite pic of all, is the one of the sacred grounds. I like how you can't eat pork there.