Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 2

So day 2 started with a personalized breakfast at Jackie Rae's. A local restaurant that is not normally opened for breakfast, but open just for the group of people that we where with, so that was nice. I of course just ate fruit since all the served for breakfast was om lets, but John, Leland and Whitney said they were wonderful.

After Breakfast we decided to head to Pu'ahonua O Honunau National Historical Park. This is a place that was very special and spiritual to the native Hawaiians, and had been recreated to look like a village back in the day. It was very informative and very beautiful. We took a nice long walk through the park and then out on some rocks near by.
Ok I was trying to look like the warrior in the background. I was the only one brave enough to look like a fool to get this picture. HEHE
John by one of the house's door

Whitney and Leland playing an ancient game


This turtle was just hanging out in the bay eating some stuff off the rocks


One of the buildings there





The bay, there was a rope stopping you from going any father stating "Culturally sensitive place, Please be respectful"

This is at the same place just off to the side where we walked on the rocks exploring

Right as I stood up from this picture a HUGE wave came in and got everything all wet, luckily we escaped from the waves wrath.

As you can see everything is all wet, but John wanted to see the black crabs that were playing there. BOYS!?!?!


Another wave coming in
The water was so clear and blue
The water flowing over a rock







I made everyone listen to the first part again telling of the history of the Hawaiians, 'cause I SWORE it said Mayan tradition. I was going to be so happy and astonished if it did. BUT it didn't, it said my old tradition.
After we were all wore out from our rock exploration we went back for naps. YEAH!! After that we had a nice meet and greet that had a live band and was catered by Jackie Rae's again. This time there was LOTS to eat, and it was all so so good. I can attest to that, since I got to eat to it. Yippy!!

Ok I have no clue what kinda plant this is, pretty and all. BUT creepy, look at those eyes just staring at me.

It was a nice and relaxing day...Stay tuned for days 3-5

No comments: