Thursday, April 15, 2010

Noah's New Wheels

A few weeks ago, when we saw Noah's peds Dr we decided to order him a walker, in hopes that it would help him gain more balance and coorindation, so that one day, hopefully soon, he could walk independantly. I was so excited for Noah to be able to walk, even if it was with help. The walker came very quickly, and Tricare paid for it!! Even better. He had used one a few times in PT, so he knew exactly how to use it, and which was to face and everything. He was so excited!! And he actually very good at it already. I think that Isaac loves it just as much. He is always wanting to play with.


Since Isaac wants to play with the walker so much. And has even gone as far as to tell me he can't walk. If Noah is not using it, he takes it EVERYWHERE with him, even the bathroom. So I got some advice from Noah's Early Interventionist, that I play up the fact that he can ride a bike and Noah can't. So I told him yesterday before school that after school we would ride his bike down to the tot lot that our community has. He was so excited that the first thing he asked for when I picked him up, was not his juice like normal, it was his bike. LOL Problem being is that we had to decided to have a RS presidency mtg right after he was out of school. But we did go there right after. I learned a few things, Isaac needs a bigger bike (his birthday is soon), two mobile kids are hard, and I have happy and sad feelings about Noah's walker.

I think that 2 mobile kids would be easier if they both moved at the same speed, and I know that one day Noah will either get great at his walker and be just as fast as Isaac, or he will learn to walk and be just as fast, but until then it will be hard. I was happy that my 31 lb baby can walk, and me not have to kill my back anymore, happy that he is gaining a new skill, and that he is getting closer to being more independant. But it kinda hit again. That he will probably always need extra help. It also made me sad that I realized that when we went to the park, that I think that was the first time Noah could be a toddler and PLAY at the park, and he is almost 2!! Most of the time when we go to the park or play areas, Noah is confined to a blanket, the wagon or the stroller, or the swings. But this time he could walk over to whatever part he wanted to play with, climb the stairs, and go down the slide (with extra supervision), like a 20 month old would normally do.

As a happy side note, Isaac is really starting to play with Noah. Starting to interact and do things that I see other big brothers do. Up until about 2 months ago, Noah was just another THING that was in his way. That he ran over, into, or around. But the last few months I have really seen a change in Isaac. Wanting to help, confort, and play with Noah. I really need to get it on video or something. Cause he does such cute things. Like when we go to the Drs, and on the rare occasion that Isaac is with us, he holds Noah's legs, comforting him. Telling him it will be over soon, and that the Dr won't hurt him. (SO CUTE!!) Or like when we went to the tot lot, Isaac wanted to catch Noah at the bottom of the slide. It was so so funny. Noah was rush down the slide, about knock over Isaac and he would jump and in a soft voice say, "we need to try not to knock people over okay?" It about made me cry a happy cry!! And I so wish that someone else was at the park with me, so someone could of captured it on film in some form. But until I have a peramenant photographer I guess I will have to hold on tight to those memories!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Whitney Niu said...

Love the wheels!! I wish you guys were closer too. I would love to be using your little guys as photo guinee pigs:)