Friday, January 30, 2009

The Things...

I will miss...

1) great friends=great times and great laughs
2) lots to do, and all so close
3) wonderful weather year round
4) Driving by the place where we started it all

that I will NEVER!! miss...

1) Sitting in TRAFFIC for 2 hours to go 30 miles
2) Bugs and birds in stores and people thinking that this is normal
3) Critters that creap and crawl in every nook and cranny
4) Price Gouging of everything from gum to milk.

That I will never understand...

1) Why Hawaii pays policemen to stand out construction site, to do nothing
2) Why 10 police cars pull over one person
3) Why people hang out in Parking lots
4) Why people drive slow on the Freeway or don't know how to MERGE


Tonight I went out with the girls to have one last "Girls Nite Out" It was alot of fun. I don't know if I have laughed so hard in my life. We started out at the Pearl Highlands Food Court (Yes that food court Whit). We all had our dinners from various venders and eat and talked until our 7:20 showing of Bride Wars started. OH!! was that funny. I am a firm believer that movie company makes that movie good or not. And my company was great. We laughed through the entire movie. When were just having too much fun to let the night end, we decided that we want ice cream, after discussing a few options we settled on the Walmart McD's up the street. This is where the evening got the funniest. We sat and laughed until most of us cried until 10:00 or so. I am sure that the employees where like be quiet and LEAVE!! But we didn't. There were some amazing quote from the nite, everything from "so-and-so has crabs" to "yes this is my sidewalk, one day you will be cool enough to have your own". As I drove back to my hotel, with no traffic may I add, I began to think of my time here. Hawaii is a special place from me. This is were I grew up, not actually growing up, but this is where I emotional grew up. Hawaii has shaped me into the person that I am today. This is also a place that is so special to John and I. This is where we started, where we met, then came back to start our marriage, and our lovely family. This is the place that John got baptized, and where we went to the temple. When this move thing first started I thought I would never miss Hawaii, but as I think about it, there is lots I will miss. This place will always be special to me. It will always hold a place in my heart.

Thanks to everyone who has made my time here amazing and wonderful. Thanks to the wonderful friends that I made that were like family here. Thanks to all the wonderful lessons I learns and the milestones that I have reached here. I have lived in Hawaii 1/3 of my life, and I will miss parts of it.

2 comments:

B, C and b said...

Awww....
I know how you are feeling - so sad! Hawaii really does hold a special place in all of our hearts - especially the institute days, eh? Good luck on the move - be safe and have fun in your new adventures!
We love Cali!

Joy said...

Not to shock you...but we have birds in our Costco here in Pittsburgh...it might just be a Costco thing.
Good luck with the move. I can't believe you ate at the Pearl Highland's Food Court...I think I had food poisoning from that place.