Monday, January 26, 2009

Judging the New President

I was reading this article from CNN that stated that many believe President Obama will be judged differently, because he is BLACK. Now I don't agree with this at all, as does 61% of white people. Now I think that many did vote for him because he is black, black and white alike. My personal opining (and it is just that) is that many white Americans voted for him because they were afraid to look racist to others. Now I personally think that he will be judged on what he does and how well he does it. Not by the color of his skin. The article quoted many other first African Americans, the first fighter pilot in WWII, and the first African-American admitted to a decorated university, and the stated that he would be held to a different standard because they were. Well DUH!! It was a different time, a different setting. That were long time ago, racial differences have come a long way since then. And since I am on a tangent now, and it is all flowing out, I personal think that African-Americans some how make race a big deal. I don't really care if someone is yellow, black, purple, red, white, brown, or polka dotted. (Well maybe if they were polka-dotted, cause they might have chicken pocks or something, but you get the point.) But political correctness makes things hard. I have to make sure I call them African-American, and not black. Although they can call me WHITE!! From now on please call me Euro-American!! The article mentions how Obama needed to be perfect to be elected. PERFECT!?!?! Last I checked we weren't even sure if the President had a valid Birth Certificate!! Perfect? Now ask yourself this... there is a man John works with who cannot get a sercurity clearance because his family is from Kenya, so there are certain jobs that he can't hold in the military, but the now Commander and Cheif, the leader of that same military has family from Kenya too, but he has the highest security clearance!!! So why is that? They mention that McCain had ties to a man who was accused of anti-Semitism. Obama's Rev said many racists, anti-American, on TV, in front of MILLIONS!! Not to mention his lovely wife's comments about how is was finally proud to be an American!! It also talks about how even the most progressive thinkers, and open minded supporters still will hold Obama to a different standard. And that they would probably cross the street if they saw a young black man walking down the street, all because of stereotypes. Now I am not innocent of stereotypes, if I claimed to be, I would be a liar. But my stereotypes are more like if that man wears a nice clothes are not. Still a stereotype I know, but it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. And to be HONEST if I was alone I would probably cross the street no matter who was on the street with me, just out of pure caution. The last bone I have to pick with the article was the very last sentance "If the president was Jesus Christ, '' Jefferson said, "they would still debate if he's qualified." EXCUSE ME!!! Didn't they have that debate anyway, about the real Jesus Christ!!! And if one more person compares him to the Savior of the World, or even the Free America, I think I might scream!!!

ANYWAY (sorry lots of built up feelings about the things people are saying about him and this country!)...I will not judge the President different cause is HALF African-American, I will judge him on what he does, or doesn't do in office. How well he handles things with congress, and how well he protects this country, and its people. I mean protect in a board sense, from everything from morals to actual safety. But either way I could care less about what color he is. And I personally think that it is RACIST to keep mentioning that he is BLACK!!!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Good for you Shari! Lots of people think the same way, including me! I keep thinking of the movie, "A Bug's Life". You know when the grasshoppers didn't want the ants to realize the strength they actially had in their numbers. They were too afraid. We have the power, we just all need to stand against the liberal agenda TOGETHER!