Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Checking Out and Checking In

So we are finally all checked out of our house in Ewa Beach and checked into "home" for the next 5 days. We are staying at the Embassy Suite Hotel, courtesy of the US Navy, it is a nice place with two queen beds, in one room, and a sitting area in another. Isaac was so funny, when we got here, he just wanted to go to bed, and it was only 6pm. But our day was not over yet. Our day started alot earlier than that and was so crazy busy. After loading all our luggage in our TINY car last night John and I went to bed SUPER late. And then my day started at 6:30, same as always, with waking twice in the middle of the night (both children now decided to wake up at different times since the movers came, thanks!) I remopped, and recleaned the entire 1250sqf house again. I was so afraid that we would not get all of our deposit back, which I am not really sure why, since we only lived there 6 months! But anyway, I cleaned and cleaned all day. Our check out was a 3pm. By 3:05 she was done with the walk through, by 3:15 we had our check out paperwork signed and ready to leave. (Just I side note, and an irking one at that, I spend 4 days cleaning, she take 5 mins to walk through GRR!!) Then we went to drop of the modem and wait in line for 45 mins. Then to wait in traffic for HOURS!! I will NOT miss that at all. We finally got to the hotel at 6 pm. 3 HOURS LATER!! But our night was not over. We needed to renew our temple recommends, and tonight was the only time with the stake, so we quickly got changed, and got back in the car to wait in traffic some more, and then wait on the stake meetings. WOW!! Alot of waiting tonite. But either way we are checked out and checked in.

Just a side note. OH how grateful I am for chairs, tables, and couches. 4 days without them will make anyone grateful. Drawers and closets are nice too, lamps and a microwave will come in handy thats for sure!!

3 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

Glad you got everything done and taken care of. I cant believe the military made you stay in that house for a week without anything. What did you guys sleep on? Well, let us know when you arrive. We cant wait

Mel said...

Aloha Oie! It's fun to see your family growing. I remember when you were just getting married!

Anonymous said...

Hey

Grammie