Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In the WInter of Change

Like others that I know I have mixed feelings about the 44th President, Barack Obama. I disagree with him on so many policies, and didn't vote for him because of that. But I don't want to be like so many where to Bush. John and I called them "Bush haters", those that hated Bush before he ever did anything. But I am not willing to give our new President a holiday yet like Marion, AL. Let us see him DO something first before we start taking the day off because of him. I am proud of this country and how far we have come with our racial differences, yes he is half black and because he looks it, may of seen some discrimination in his life time. BUT let us also remember that he grew up in a white privileged family, attending one of the best schools in Hawaii, as well as other great schools in America, it is not like he grew up in Harlem.

But on this day that he takes office, I want so bad for him to be the right thing for this country. We are in need of good leadership and some of the things that he has promised for this country will be wonderful, and I hope with all my American mite that he succeeds at them because my American way of life depends on it. But some of the things he wants to do, like getting rid of the military for his own civil army, well as we know that would be bad for my way of life. But I do hope that he succeeds at a new economy, new commerce, and new technology's to better our lives. That he brings this country together in a way that only tragedy has before, without the tragedy. I hope with all my heart that he is able to do some of things that he has promised to do. But either way, whatever he does, for good or for bad, I will pray that the Lord may guide him, to guide this nation, to keep us safe, warm, and prosperous. Because whatever happens in his time in office this is still America, this is still the Land of the Free because of the Brave!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Williams said...

Here here! We cant wait to see you! I am afraid to call cause I know how busy you are with the move. Let me know when a good time is