Saturday, October 16, 2010

Powder Room




Our downstairs bathroom was the hardest room in our house for me to pick paint for. Well not really, just the hardest for me to actually commit to doing it. I knew that I wanted it a red color, and I wanted it textured. That being said one of the many things that I wanted to do before John got home was finish all the paint, and decorating. So I set out just weeks before his return to get it all done. The color is the same color as the living room couches, and the accent color in the kitchen/dinning room. The texture was a complete accident. But it turned out perfect I LOVE IT!! I first painted the walls only natural, from Behr than I painted the walls with half Red Red Wine and half water. For the first coat, than I painted the walls in a diagonal direction with full red red wine. And the end result was awesome!! Then I decided that I wanted to go with a black and white accents. I went to the store, and bought the first thing I liked. I LOVED it even more. I couldn't find a towel rack that I felt went with the bathroom, so I jimmy rigged my own. I used to sconces that I found that I liked and a wooden dowel that I painted black. I couldn't find any shelves that I  felt matched so that I could get the soap and lotion off the small pedestal sink, so I also used sconces that went with the scrolly design. This looks great and matches perfect. But I didn't think of the kids when I design the bathroom. The towel rack rolls off every time Isaac uses the towels. And the soap dispenser is already broken because it falls off when he washed his hands. Well at least we know he is washing them right?!?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: