Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rain Pummels Oahu

Starting about 2am here in Ewa Beach it started to rain. On any normal day this would not have bothered me. John would have woke me to tell me that he was taking the car and I would go back to sleep and not think twice about it. Well today was not a normal day.

Since we are moving in 7 WEEKS we decided that we need to get a move on things to make things smooth. Well the Navy has done this a few times and knows that a stress moving thousands of miles every 3-4 year, and what that can do to a family. So they have set up a class called "Smooth Move" to help people with all the question of hows, whens, wheres, and whats of a PCS (Permanent Change of Station) move. And today was that class. I knew that with any sorta rain the traffic would be worse then normal, if that was possible. (FYI, I think that Ewa Beach has the worse traffic ever and I have lived in CA and traveled to, from, and through the LA area many times.) But on a day that reported 10+ inches an hour on most of the island. WOW did it suck. And what sucked was we were already running late do to the fact that John had to go to work at 6am, then come back pick me up, so we could drive back and be there by 8am. This is no small task to do once, but three times in 2 hrs. Kudos to John.


View Larger Map

So as you can see it is quiet a trek. Not to mention an even rougher one when this is what you see...



People can some times be RETARDED!! WHO DRIVES THROUGH A PUDDLE WHEN IT COVERS YOUR HOOD!! IT CAN'T BE GOOD FOR YOUR CAR, AND NO JOB IS THAT IMPORTANT. There were reports on the news of peoples cars floating away!!! WHAT in the world when they were thinking??? We were hard hit, and SOAKING when we got in the building, and had no power for a few hours, but we made out ok. Just behing our yard is all blocked off, and most of Iroquois Point was flood, so that kinda sucks, but the flooding here in Iroquois was not as bad as the year that it rained like 45 days straight on our house almost flooded 3 times!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...isn't it an island? LOL That is crazy! Hey, btw I need your current address. Please email it to me or just reply on my blog. Thank you! Mmmmmuah! Collette

Stephanie Williams said...

OH MY GOSH! My dad said it rained but not that bad! Jeeze... those pics were amazing... BTW, we are gonna be living pretty close to each other soon. Like an hour away. Mike got a job in LA so we are moving up there in Feb too. I cant wait! We miss you guys so much.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing