Friday, September 18, 2009

Missing...

MY HUBBY
I am having a weak moment in my brief time away from John. And I better get used to it since in a few months, I get to do it all over again, but for EVEN longer!! This time John is gone for 3 weeks, next time he will be gone for 7 MONTHS!!! It has been a rough few days (since it has only been 5 days) Isaac is at the age where he realizes that John has left and every time he gets in trouble he cries "I want my daddy!!" Which breaks my heart. We have had 4am mornings and 9pm nights, which is all trying. But as John always saying "We are blessed because we get to be away from each other." Many of you may say WHAT?!?! But the time apart is aways a blessing. Most people never get to spend this much time part, a chance to appreciate each other. So I decided to share with the online world all the things that I appreciate about the best part of my life...
It is often the simplest things that we forget to recognize like;
  • ALL things trash
  • taking the kids when he can
  • filling up the tank, (I am almost on E AHH!! I haven't gotten gas, since John was deployed to AFRICA)
  • letting me have "girl time"
  • putting the food away
  • giving me a reason to cook
  • putting the toys away

Some of my favorite things

  • ability to make me laugh no matter what
  • the amazing way he smells
  • his quirkiness
  • amazing father
  • wonderful husband
  • the way he supports everything I want to do, even if its not the choice he would make

I love him so much. I miss him so much. But we are half way to retirement and this too shall pass. I will count my blessings that he will be done before the teenage years. And that soon he will be home again. Until then I am keeping myself busy with my new business idea

proto types, and websites have kept my nights are quite busy. And it is getting all my scrapbook pages done in the process. Stay tune for pictures of what I have been working on.

1 comment:

Stephanie Williams said...

yikes, the short deployments are always the hardest. where is he going for 7 months? Come visit me while he is gone!!!