Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our New Ward

So today we attended our new ward. We were so excited to see who our new ward family would be that we could hardly wait. We arrived early at church, and I would probably say like 7 or 8 people came up to us and asked about us, where are you from? what brought you here? how long will you be here? were the very common questions that we answered over and over excitedly. Oh our ward is so nice, and friendly. We did get a touch of the islands as one brother stood up and said talofa! I smiled largely at the warmth that gave me. I left with 3 phone numbers, and one duplicate, that sister just really wanted to make sure I could get a hold of her. Such a cute lady. Oh it was so nice to feel so welcome, so quickly. The bishop came up to us and told us of all the fun that is in store for us in the next couple of months in activities, and such. I would say that I probably met over half the ward today. On the young couple front thou, not many. Lots of well seasoned people and some younger people with larger families (only mention that they had larger families, cause that generally means, married long, and a tad older then ourselves.) But either way a nice new welcoming ward to take us under their wings; to guide, mold and help us on our way.

Just so you know that Isaac was, well Isaac at church today. Loud in sacrament and violent in nursery. We were standing in the foyer after church talking to the bishop, and I heard the lady next to me say "kicking is not nice" I looked down to see Isaac kicking another little kid, I promptly made him apologize, and I scowled him. Then the lady said "It's OK I got to know Isaac in nursery today." Which leads me to believe that he was the same kinda Isaac that Sarah and the other nursery leaders know so well.

3 comments:

theniufamily said...

Both yor boys are so cute! It was great getting to know you for the short time we had! Your blog is so cute!

Stephanie Williams said...

Glad your ward is nice. You are so lucky! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Ward
I stumbled across your blog on LDS BLOGS. I thought you mighe be interested in a site my wife and I just built called MormonsMadeSimple.com, which uses simple, explanatory videos to explain the Mormon faith. Feel free to feature any of these videos on your blog, or just share them with non-member friends. We're hoping these videos will be missionary tools to help members share their beliefs. Anyway, sorry to spam your comments section. I couldn't find any contact information for you on your blog.

- Doug & Laurel