Thursday, March 19, 2009

An All Around Update

So we have done nothing super exciting that deserves one post, but we have lots going on....

Our house is still in escrow, although things are on schedule, I feel as if it has been months since the offer was accepted by both parties, and the house went into escrow. We are nearing the end though, appraisal has been finished, and the underwriter is working on loan docs for us to sign so any day now we will sign those, and the end will be in sight. YEAH! Cause living in a one room, with a small bathroom, hotel is getting quite annoying and cramped. One day I will take a picture of what it looks like around here when it comes nap time or bedtime. We have tents set up every where so kids can sleep and the world not end. Also some of you maybe dieing to see the house, well tomorrow I am going to make a new video, cut into smaller sections, in hopes to get it uploaded. So look for that.

Isaac is doing great considering, well considering he is Isaac. He loves that we have cable here, and that he gets to watch TV more than, well I would admit. We do try to go to the park, but it is hard since John generally has the car. One day we did decide to walk to the park, but that ended with Isaac punching a kid square in the nose three times, before I could haul him out of there so fast. This was hard by the way, I was pushing Noah in the stroller, with Isaac potato sacked over my shoulder, as he was kicking and screaming I play park. It was very embarrassing. I thought someone might think I was kidnapping him. But he is learning lots of new things. Since Noah goes to bed, and nap about an hour before he does we sit down with flash cards. He now knows a square, circle, triangle, and a star. And today, it was beyond what I thought he could do, but he made a triangle and circle with toys on the floor. And then told me look triangle, circle. WOW!! Along with red, (every other color is green-blue or green-yellow, go figure??) He can now also identify every picture on the front of the ABC flash cards that we bought. I figured it might be easier for him if I said Apple begins with A. He can also count out 10 things. He can't just count to 10, but because of a wonderful book my mother-in-law gave me he can count 10 things, and he loves to do it.

Noah is almost crawling. I have seen him hit stages that I NEVER saw Isaac do, since Isaac sorta crawled for a month, I take that as a good sign that crawling is just around the corner. I always joked that he would probably learn to crawl in the hotel and think that joke might actually come true. As many of you may have noticed in pictures, he has some crossed-eyes going on. Well we talked to his DR about this when we had his 6 month check-up and she sent us to the Eye DR. We saw him today, and I am very glad of a couple of things: 1. Good insurance that is going to pay for the surgery that he is likely to have, and 2. my sister bracing me for the fact that he might have to have surgery. The idea of surgery never even crossed my mind, glasses yes, eye exercises yes, but surgery no way, until Karen mentioned that, that is what her daughter needed to correct a similar issue. We have a meeting with the surgeon that will perform the surgery if he thinks it is needed on Mar 31st. The Dr we saw today, an old guy, very funny, cute old guy (in the way old people are cute) said that he would do surgery, but he is too old to operate anymore, so this Dr would do it, but he doesn't operate on any one until he sees them and says yes they need surgery. So after that consultation we will know if and when it will happen. The idea of surgery on my little baby kinda scares me. Putting anyone under is scary, but a 7 month old? The Eye Dr today said they did this surgery on babies as young as 2 weeks old 30+ years ago when he did surgery. So I guess many have gone before Noah and many will go after him, but WOW!! Still scares me!

John is doing well in his class. But he is still studying from dawn til dusk these days. Which makes for very lonely nights with the computer. I miss him terribly, and he is in the same room as me. HEHE!! Because I am bored, cabin fevered, and lonely I plan lots of trips to see that family that is so close. We just went and visited my sister and will visit my grandparents this weekend. John has a test every Monday or Tuesday so that makes the days leading up to those days very stressful for everyone, so it is better for us to leave him, so the kids don't make too much noise, or I am not too much of a distraction.

Well until next time, I hope you are all well and happy. I miss you all so much. I hope that WA, OR, HI, and other parts of the world are treating you all well.

1 comment:

Stephanie Williams said...

sounds like you guys have been busy. That is so cool about Noah crawling soon. Its so fun and not at the same time when they become mobile. That is also cool about the triangle and the circle. We love flash cards. Cant wait to see the inside of the house. Looking forward to seeing the video. Good luck with Noah's surgery. Let us know if we can do anything to help.