Saturday, June 28, 2008

POTTY!!

So in the last 3 days Isaac has decided that he wants to go potty in the potty chair, and has actually gone. He has been wanted to sit on the potty since earlier this spring, but never went, until the other day. And tonight, just now, right before I posted this, he came out of his room, saying "I potty, I potty" At first I just told him to go back bed (the rule is that he can't get out of bed once he is down for the night) But he insisted, so I said fine, and lets go potty. And first I thought this is just a ploy to get out off bed, but then the potty chair started singing. (I bought the one that sings knowing that he loves music). I looked and sure enough he was going. SO we ran around the house and told everyone, Isaac saying "I potty, I potty!!!" He was so excited and I am so happy. I never really pushed it, and just encouraged, took him every time I went, which is alot being as prego as I am. But now he just wants to get out of bed so he can go again. GRR!! But it was totally worth the accomplishment, of him telling me that he has to go and then actually going. He is growing up so fast.

And as for a John update, the poor guy is in Ethiopia, living it up. Stay in the really nice hotel, that cost $200 (American dollars) a night, and is the same as staying a $700-$800 suite in Vegas. Eating at Ethiopian culture places, he said it was like the Polynesian Culture Center, just with Ethiopian culture instead. Taking pastry tours, indulging in the most scrumptious pastries he has ever eaten. Shopping, and just having a great 'ol time. Now I am jealous!!! When he was in Djibouti, it was like 120* plus humidity, hasn't rained in 2 yrs, just plain hot and dirty. But now in Ethiopia, its pretty, mountainous, rains everyday, nice 85* temps, with a cool breeze. I am so jealous!!! He did say that it sucked without me, and that he wants to take me there one day. That would be awesome. But he is still way more traveled then me, he has been to 4 or the 7 continents. That is a goal of mine to visit all the continents. So maybe one day.

As for a moving back to Hawaii update, well with two weeks left before we leave, I have lots to do. Most of the planning part is done, now for the actual work, packing and such. So I just have to have the energy to do that, not easy with a 2 yr old. And I just want to take a nap every time he does, so that shoots the good 3 hrs I have everyday to gets lots done. But I will do it eventually, cause it has to get done.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good Job Isaac. That will be nice to have him out of diapers. See you guys soon.