Friday, October 12, 2007

A Busy, Upturned Life

Where to start. So much has happened since I last posted. Well lets start with Isaac... two weeks ago today Isaac fell in the bathtub cutting his lip pretty bad. So John and I decided to take him to Tripler Pediatric Walk-In Clinic. We saw a really nice lady that said she thought that he would be fine, but wanted him to come back on Monday to make sure it was healing right. Being the concerned mother that I am, I had no problem with this request. Now Isaac falls a lot, all the time, but this is the first time he had bled A LOT. Well over the weekend Isaac feel 3 more times and got visible marks from his falling. So we march back into the DR office Monday for our 12:45 appt. With concrete rash, and a huge scratch down the side of his face, I had jokingly told John if you don't hear from me by 1:30 know that they have called CPS. Isaac throws a fit in the Nurses Station because the nurse wants to take his pulse. (Not uncommon, doesn't like people to touch him). Throws another fit because the kids in the play area was playing with his favorite toy in the DR office. Also not uncommon for Isaac. He LOVES balls. Okay called in first thing Dr notices more injuries. (OK here comes CPS right) no just more Dr to see if he has a sight problem. Well he never sees that step off the house. They play with him in various ways to see if something is wrong with his sight. No everything seems to be okay. But in this "playing" they see him throw a few more fits. Now to Isaac's defense he has only had a 20-30 min nap, on the way to the DR since this appt is right in his nap time, but to the Dr's he does throw a lot of fits. Well here come more Dr. This time with a lot of questions for me and with a PEDs psychologist. Does he do this, does he do that. Does he play with others, does he have a problem with textures. Does he sleep well. Is he attached to certain toys or people. How many words, how many this and that. All these questions that I had not prepared myself to answer, many I just thought the best I could and hoped for the best. After a 2 hr Dr appt, the psychologist just said if he doesn't get better in 4-6 weeks call me here's my card, and then she left. Not telling me what she was thinking. Just left. Now I know a little bit about things like this and all I could think of was autism. I was terrified. So I started to do a little research of my own via the Internet and other mommies. And found out that that Dr was dumb. I also talked to our PED Dr, who goes to church with us and is a really good friend of ours, he said that that DR told him that Isaac has autism, pdd, and a laundry list of other things that she thought was wrong with him. Most everything I and our DR disagrees with. We are both thinking that Isaac has some tactile issues. He really doesn't like new textures, and new foods, and sand, grass, and FREAKS out if he if he is dirty. And since he has not learned any new words since he was 10 months old and stop saying some of his 2-3 word phrase since about that same time, some speech problems too. But that was just a theory I had until yesterday when I talked to our Dr again. So next week I have an appt with our DR and a PEDs developmentialist. Which will give our some answers. So look for that next week.

Now if that wasn't enough. The NAVY has changed John's orders, and he is going IA (Individual Augmentee). Basically this is an Individual Assignment that they Navy sends John on and in which in will be attached to another unit. Which means a lot of different things to us right now. But the main thing is that John is leaving for Iraq or Africa in NOV!!! For 8-14 months. Since I am then going to go live in Spokane with my family, I am currently working on packing our house and buying plane tickets, figuring out what I am doing with our car, my PC business, and a bunch of other things. I feel like I am going to go crazy. Plus I have 5 PC shows this month and 6 next month. AAAHHHH!!! I have thought about canceling some of them, or turning them to catalog shows, but the extra month will be useful since the Navy is not moving me. Since technically John's duty station is not changing. I am hoping to leave here by the end of NOV since I have a lot to do still.

2 comments:

Mrs. Snip said...

Holy busy macaroni on the last part!

I really hope Isaac is okay. I do have to tell you the he sounds completely normal to me. Between Braxton and Ethan we have been to the ER for a compound fracture in the arm, staples in the head, major head bumps, bleeds etc... I am seriously amazed they have not taken me away yet.
Just this week Ethan hit his head so hard, there was a raised bump the size of a small egg on his forehead, it has now turned into a black bruise. Braxton has so many bruises on him right now, and I have no idea where they originated from. They both throw fits several times a day, because well, they are toddlers and boys.

My point is that either Braxton and Ethan need to be checked out for problems too, or Isaac is just a normal boy. I am betting that you just had a nutty doc. Also, Braxton talked late, and Ethan is talking early for his age. They are all different, don't worry.

I love ya, and am here for you regardless!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I second that! Keep us posted! Love ya!