Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So if you don't turn....

you will hit my house. That's the way that I always gave people directions until now. On Jan 23, 2011 at 130am. A drunk driver hit our house, then fled. After being caught over 1.5 miles away, with his face all broken and covered in blood.

Since we were sleeping it was a startling way to wake up. I woke to what sounded like a bunch of bricks falling and glass breaking. I laid in bed and listening not sure what had happened. Scrappy was growling low which freaked me out more than anything. I tried to wake my sleeping husband, but he just rolled over. A few minutes later I heard talking and Scrappy started growling again. I thought someone had broken in, I was terrified. Suddenly I heard the front door, it sounded like someone was trying to get out of the house, not able to open the door due to the fancy child safety locks. I PUSHED John out of bed to wake him up. He responded "WHAT THE HELL!!" I said "I think someone is breaking in." He went down stairs, and the police officer, which was the noise at the door I heard, knocked on the door again. John answered the door, as the alarm started to beep in the background, I heard the police woman ask "Do you own a gold Saturn?" John said yes, she responded "It's been in an accident." John said "let me get some shoes on and shut the alarm off and I will meet you outside." Meanwhile the alarm is sounding the alarm company is calling. John walks into the dinning room to shut the alarm off and goes back into the living room. I come down stairs and go to get my shoes out of th garage and all I see it this:

John never even saw the dinning room as he shut of the alarm. HAHA My entire reaction for the night was OH MY GOSH!!! Over and over!!

After walking outside, and saying OMGOSH again. I told John I wanted to move. An idea he shot down right away!! LOL

 The van first hit John's car than hit the wall, and than bounced of the house. The cinder block wall is what I heard and what broke the window.
 John's car was facing the other way when it was parked

 When the tow truck took John's car away the hood fell off, and so did the bumper. The tow truck driver laughed and said I am sure its totaled!






 Where the car bounced off the house

















 The only part of the inside that was damaged was a stress fracture in the dry wall of the corner that he bounced off.

1 comment:

Stephanie Williams said...

OH MY GOSH!! How crazy!!! I am glad it wasn't someone breaking in, cause that could have been worse, but man, thats alot of damage! What is gonna happen to the guy who did it?