Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ReAlLy???

So I just got done scanning (cause of how long the list is) a list of Net Lingo. And really??? First I am not saying that many of these letters are used, and I am not saying that parents and others don't need to know these acronyms, but how many people use GSYJDWYMNKH=Good seeing you just don't wear your MONKEY hat??? I am sure that many of the acronyms on this list are used, and to be honest I use some of them in my daily texting and IM. But mine do consist of the ones that would be NORMAL and used probably by most of you, DH-dear hubby, B4N-bye for now, BRB-Be right back ect. But some of them where just LMSO-laugh my socks off funny. Some of them have been around since b4 my time, and will be around long after my kids have kids. Like 20? Whats your 20 sound familiar? Some of them where cute and if I could ever remember the acronyms I might use them...AWGTHTGTTA-Are We Going To Have To Go Through This Again. But really how often is that going to come up unless you are always chatting with a really dense person. But now that I have given you all the 411 and I know a bit more I feel even older and more out of touch than I did already. I hope that texting goes out of style by the time my kiddos are old enough to think that they NEED cell phones and other forms of chatting. (I know they won't but a girl can HOPE!!)

1 comment:

Stephanie Williams said...

Whats sad is that I guess the txting speech is common for kids, that some are even using it in their school works, on essays and such. Kinda scary!