Monday, May 4, 2009

After 6 weeks...

we are still fighting with Drs to get Noah's neurological work up. For the last 5 weeks it has bounced back and forth between doctors, each saying that he needed it, but it was not their place or responsibility to put in the referral. Once I contacted Tricare (last Tuesday) and complained that it was such an ordeal just to get the referral suddenly the eye doctors office was more than happen to bypass the actual eye doctors signing the papers (the head eye doctor at that clinic did it instead) and within in a day things suddenly went through. And on Friday we got the noticed that the referral was approved and we could see a neurologist at UCLA (45 mins away BTW). But today when I called to get the whole process started there, OH!! that was I nightmare. UCLA is so HUGE!! The insurance company gave me the number to the doctor directly, and of course she can't help me personally. So she transferred me to someone who supposedly could, they transfer me, and so on. Finally after a few transfers, I was talking to a lady who informed me that, this specific neurologists doesn't kids unless its for sleep problems. WHAT?!?!?!? She then transferred, yet again to the Peds Neurology department, and they told me that they couldn't even talk to me until the eyes dr faxed over his stuff, my primary peds faxed her stuff, and the insurance company faxed their stuff. I called and left messages for both drs, and the insurance company, who bends over backwards to make sure this is not stressful, its just drs complicating stuff. GRR!! I am so annoyed at the level of care that we are receiving here. I understand that Port Hueneme is small consisting of one actual peds dr, 2 regular drs and 1 OB, and various other rotating staff. BUT COME ON!!! To make matters more annoying, I have been fighting to get Isaac the help that he needs here, but because he turns 3 in a month (can you believe that!!) that also seems to be no one problem. So between the two I was ready to go back to HAWAII today. Ya its that bad!! Not that Hawaii was bad, but I was just well ready to leave! I just feel like no one wants to help me get the help that my kids need. And I am getting SO SO tired! I just want things to go a little smoother, thats all.

1 comment:

Stephanie Williams said...

Yikes! We went through the same medical problems when we got back from OCONUS to Cali right before Tristan was born, so I feel your pain. Hope things work out. So are we still on for next week? My kids have been really sick, so i am thinking if I come maybe Wednesday or Thursday, they should be over it. They have been on antibiotics for 7 days already, no help, so the doc started them on something new today, stronger, she said. Anyways, let me know if that works for you and send me your address so I can GPS it and all. Tristan is so excited to see Isaac, he asks everyday, "Are we going to Isaac's house today? In a couple min?" lol