Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Said Pre-toddler NOT ready for toddler bed

Yesterday's naps were actually doable. He loved his new view of the bed. He played on it while I changed the front panel. Socome nap time, I just sat in a chair, and he laid there, everytime he would get up I would just remind him it was nap time and he needed to lay down. This went on for about 15 mins, not bad for the first few time, very pleased with myself. This part of the day went well. And he slept for 1hr and 1.5 hrs for the next nap. WOAH!!! Good Job Shari. John gets home I tell him all about the big boy that Isaac is, and what a great listener, and napper he was today. *Pat, pat, pat* Bedtime, which we never had a problem with was a completely different story. We never have the same person put him to bed every night, that way he is okay with whom ever puts him down. Now remember Dh is a great husband and father, but not very patient. After 5 mins he comes out with Isaac in hand and says he isn't going to bed. Ok let mom try, after 45 mins of this lay down, go to sleep routine, Isaac is out. Ok that was a little harder, but still doable. Next comes the part that tells me pre-toddler NOT ready. We figured out a couple of days ago that Isaac will sleep throught the night again if he wears less to bed. So he has been doing really well, but last night he woke up twice, put himself back to sleep in a few mins, okay not much change, then 5am rolls around, and Isaac is screaming bloody murder, I jump up as quick as a mom can at 5am, and go to the bed in our closet. (I don't turn on any lights ever, might wake up even more) so I am searching the bed, searching, ok I can hear him he is close to the wall it seems, but nothing. Ok where is he. Panicing, more panic. Is he under the bed? Oh my GOOD gravy the boy has crawled all the way to the wall UNDER the bed. So needless to say we will be put the front crib back on, and figuring out what else to do for naps.

No comments: