Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Here comes the PAINT...


So Home Depot had a great sale on paint over Memorial Day so we decided to go and get the paint for the Living Room and the Master Bedroom (since that is the only colors we have decided on, or I have decided on). So on Friday was taped off the room during the kids nap time, and then we bedtime came we busted out the paint. We pick pumpkin butter for the three walls and loved the color from start to finish. So then on Saturday during nap we painted the accent wall Wild mushroom. Well when we opened the paint can, we looked at each other, John asked me if I was sure, and I said, "Well, paint is cheap." And then we went to painting. The first coat looked like, well as John put it something has come out of Isaac and Noah's diapers. We were not sure what things could be done at this point, so we painted the second coat and went to bed with the hopes that it would turn out better after it dried. We woke up and we were still alittle unsure. We did the touch ups around base boards, ceilings and the corner were the two colors met and just hoped that when it was all said and done it would look good. I also asked a few ladies in the ward to stop by so I could get their HONEST opinion, I asked them to tell me if they didn't like it. But the second that John put the white wooden blind that came with the house, I loved it. Isn't it funny how one thing can change our opinon so much. And everyone that has come over loves it too. I then cleaned the carpet and moved the couches back into the Living Room, and now we will hang my painting and we will move out my room. The family has been spending all of their time in there since the downstairs was, well a bit crowded or had wet paint. Here are some pictures of it so far...



3 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

LOVE IT!! Cant wait to see it in person next weekend! It looks so good. Wanna help me pick out paint for my rooms?

Joy said...

I really like it. Isn't it nice to have your own house to paint?

James asked Lori said...

i think it looks fantastic!