Thursday, April 9, 2009

MOVIN' IN

So we got moved in on Tuesday. And let me warn the people that are still in Hawaii and may have movers moving you off the island any time soon. Watch them like hawks. We have found their trash from the moving supplies in our boxes, 2 whole rolls of packing paper, unused, wrapped, and numbered. Not to mention my wedding dress shoved at the bottom of a box with pans on it. Isaac potty chair packed with my stones, they broke our TV, my giraffe mask from AFRICA, my spice rack was thrown in on top of stuff, so it broke, along with a bunch of other stuff. I still can't find my phone and the wires to my PC. (You think the wires would be with the tower and monitor, but that would be too easy!) Then on Wednesday our fridge came, and washer/dryer and today the internet guy came. I think I am done with installations and what not. But not anywhere close to unpacked. I am working on one room at a time. Trying to get the places that people see and will stay soon, all organized. My office/exercises/guest room will be last. But the downstairs is mainly done, except painting and hanging things on the walls.

Isaac is loving having a house with toys, and all the stairs to climb. Noah is creeping away, and is loving all the toys that Isaac leaves for him to play with. We have gotten the referral for his MRI, but we are still waiting to hear when that will be. I have come to terms with it, and understand knowing more is better, but I was terrified for him those days following the mtg with the eye surgeon.

We are abosultely loving our house and all the things that we get to do cause its OURS!!! And of course all the $$ that will come with personalizing it. But that will all come with time. John and I love our master suite area. OH!! The tub is so nice and deep, I took a bath last night and actually was covered with water!! The master bedroom actually fits our bedroom set, and still has lots of room to spare. I could put a queen size matress if not bigger at the foot of out bed and still have space.

2 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

ya for moving in!!! so glad it finally happened, even if the movers broke so much stuff. they did the same to us when we came back from Okinawa. Seemed like everything was broken and random things were packed together. I thought it was just cause we had japanese movers, guess its a movers code or something. lol. Glad the kids like the house too. Tristan asked me today if he could go play with Isaac. I told him not today, but we are driving up to Washington in May, so maybe would could stop by for a couple hours and say hi?

Joy said...

Sorry I should have warned you. We had a bunch of junk packed in with our stuff too. We actually used the tape they left us - hey it was good tape.
Sorry your stuff broke. We keep hoping they will break our TV...