Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Four Years and Counting...



I know that YOU don’t really consider this day to be our wedding Anniversary, but it is the day we were legally married, even though you weren’t there. We can celebrate February too if you want.

1. What is his name?
John: post-navy name, Christian: pre-navy days and his family still calls him that, Babe, hun, daddy, and whatever else you probably could think of along those lines.

2. Who eats more?
For the most part John does. But there was one time when we were dating and we ordered a stuffed crust pizza, (OH! So yummy, my favorite) and I ate more than half the pizza, and he only had 2 pieces.

3. Who said I love you first?
I am not really sure about that one, it was probably me, but I really can’t remember. But I do know that it happened in the first 3 weeks.

4. Who is taller?
John is the perfect amount taller than me. He being 6’1” and myself 5’9”. I say perfect because when I wear heels, which I love too, he is just half a head taller than me, and that is kissing made easy right there.

5. Who is smarter?
That depends on who you ask. And what kinda smart you find important. I am more “book” smart. BUT he definitely got the “street” smarts out of the two of us. And these days since I can’t remember didally squat, so I think he wins that one.

6. Who is more sensitive?
OH defiantly me! I come from a very emotional family, and I did get some of that. I have my “girly” moments with emotion. Over reactions and all.

7. Who does the laundry?
I do most of the time, but he does start an occasional load, but the finishing, folding and putting away is mainly left up to me. But mainly by my choice, cause he would help if I asked him too, but I don’t like the way he folds things. HEHE

8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
It depends on the house and where the door is. John thinks that he needs to sleep in between me and the door to protect me from that baddie intruder. Which I love that he wants to protect me and I really don’t care which side of the bed anyway.
9. Who pays the bills?
Well he works super super hard to make sure that I can do the actual bill paying. He gets up at 4am every morning to be at work on time, and sacrifices so much for our family so we can have the wonderful life style that we do.

10. Who cooks more?
I love to cook more than he does, so I do. But once again he would if I asked him too, told him what to make and gave him the recipe. Cause he would do anything to make me happy.

11. Who is more stubborn?
I think that depends on what we are being stubborn about, BUT overall I would say I am. I can hold a grudge well for months, and remember exactly why I needed to be stubborn. Well just say that in our short 4 yrs of marriage, I have not yet taught him that I am ALWAYS right.

12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong?
Normally him, he is always the one to apologize for any fight first. Once again back to I am ALWAYS right thing, but mainly because I have the hardest time saying the words I am sorry. I can do acts that mean I am sorry, but those words are just too hard for me to say.

13. Who has more siblings?
We both have the same amount, 5. But he has more brothers and I have more sisters.

14. Who wears the pants in the family?
Well I love skirts, but not practical with kids.

15. What do you like to do together?
Everything, except shower. He likes his personal space. It makes my day when I can spend it with him.

16. Who eats more sweets?
Well lately him, but that is cause I am on a mission to lose all the weight that I gained in the four years that we have been married. Being prego for 3 yrs will do a toll on your body.

17. Guilty Pleasures?
Video games, and the internet. Both can be real time wasters, but love them still the same.

18. How did you meet?
Courtesy of The Bus in Hawaii. I had totaled my car weeks before. So on my way home from the Battleship Missouri where I was working, he got on the stop after mine. We talked all the way to town. I gave him my card. Exactly one week later he called me. I was at work, I couldn’t talk so I said I would call him back. But when I went to call the number that showed up on my cell phone, it went to an automated system asking for an extension, since I didn’t know what that was, I just hoped he would call back, but no such luck! Three days later he showed up for a tour of the battleship, and I got to give him one. And we spent every waking moment together for the next three weeks until he left to go back to the mainland.

19. Who proposed?
Well the actual decision to get married came because John was picking orders and he wanted me to follow him to Japan without being married. I told him that I was not going to following him half way around the world, unless we were getting married. He then without skipping a beat, said, “Then marry me!” We had been dating 7 months, a few months later when we were in the same state, John took me to the beach, it was July and FREEEZING!! Our puppy was cuddled in my sweatshirt front pocket, I was cold so I put my hands in John’s pocket on his sweatshirt and I felt a BOX! OMGoodness and that was how I ruined his proposal.


John we have had an amazing four years together. We are just starting our life, our family, and our plans. I am so happy that I that you got on that bus and that you called me after following the rules and waiting a week. We have had some trials in that time, but don’t we all. Those trials have just made us stronger and closer. You make me so happy. I love the way that you can make me laugh when I am sad. You are a great dad, wonderful husband, and awesome priesthood holder. If our sons would even turn half as funny, supportive, or loving as you, then their wives would be just as lucky. Four years, three moves, two deployments, two kids and one dog later and we are still just as much in love as those first sweet three weeks.

To the LOVE that will go on until the day after FOREVER!!