Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So with the time we have together...

We have done alot of nothingness really. Well we have done something together with John's time off... gone shopping LOTS, gone to the Honolulu Zoo, as well as the Discovery Museum. (All of which I have pictures of just not on John's computer which I am currently typing from, so when I get to my computer I will make a post of just pictures) And we have become accustom to running LATE and never leaving the house before 10am. All of which I had forgotten from when Isaac was this small. There are so many things that I don't miss about when the kids are young... mainly endless hours of pumping all my breast milk...I know it would be easier to get breast feed, but I am a baby (AND don't say it doesn't hurt :)) The little ones' lack of movement-ok that one has its pluses and minus. But I do love this stage for other reasons... They are so cute, can't talk back, all the learning they do and all the growth that happens OVER night, the cuddling, just to name a few.

We have had tons of laughter though. One of the things I miss the most when John is gone is his humor. Many people don't get it him or he is afraid they won't so he doesn't share all his quirky little comments but he has tons of them. He, unlike anyone else, can make me laugh even when I fell like crying or when I am even mad at him. He has a real talent with making my laugh. One day I hope that our children get what he is saying and think its funny too cause if not they are in for a real awakening. And if our children even get a fraction of his humor, then LOOK out girls!!! They both are so adorable, I think I might have to beat the girls of with sticks!! And Isaac has already learned to charm his way out (or atleast try) of anything. And he knows that, that cute little smile of his is his ticket. Along with saying "Thank you" with a big smile even when he is sitting in time out!! He does have that thank you down, even thanks the checkout people.

Noah is sleeping well. He sleeps (even though the nurse said I should WAKE HIM UP!!) from 11p to about 5:30a and has been since 2 wks. So we get lots of sleep, something that both children have done for us. Actually every other night I get to sleep all the way through the night, since John gets up with the kids the every other night.

Isaac is adjusting well to the changes that have been made in his life in the last 6 wks. His major adjustment was more about John then a new baby. But that is going better and I think that Isaac has finally accepted John as the boss. And don't tell John this, but he is right, I baby him to much, he knows that I give in more. So I have learned lots these past few wks in being stronger and not giving in so much to Isaac.

Well I am off to bed....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so glad that he is doing so well. Yeah he is a good sleeper.

Unknown said...

If you think he is funny now, have him do the Charlie Brown dance!
-Jacob