Friday, February 19, 2010

New Curtains...

 ***Just so you know, there is 2 other posts under this one***
So John has been asking since we moved in if I could do something about the sliding glass door, with vertical blinds. And it just wasn't a task I was ready to under take. The yesterday I was at Walmart and they were having a massive clearance on all sorts of things and I saw these valances for $7. So I picked them up. And put them up and loved the color that it bought the room. And was prepared to leave it at that for now. But when I showed John via webcam, he asked when I was going to take down the blinds and put up curtains in the place of the vertical blinds. So I thought and thought and came up with the idea to hang the curtains from the hooks of the vertical blinds saving me time and $$. Below is what I did. So I went back to Walmart today and bought the panels for $7 each as well.
The before picture (Actually taken half through the removing of the vertical blinds hence the section picture)
So I took of all the vertical blinds...
I bought these hooks at Walmart and decided to alter them. Bought 2 packages for $5 each
to look like this to make them possible to fit in the tab things on the vertical blind track.
I understand that its hard to see in this picture and the next one but between the two I hope that you can see and understand what I did. I fed the loop through the plastic tab and the rectangle thing at the bottom of the brown thing is a clip so I can hook the curtain up to it.
Since the window is 8 feet tall the curtains I bought for $7 were a little short so I took curtains I had bought in Hawaii, took the sewn on valance off and sewed it to the bottom making it long enough.
The curtain in the middle was the one I bought a few years ago in Hawaii and the bottom of the red curtains was sewn on the top of it. I should of take a picture. Sorry.
I am pretty proud of my revamped room all for $30, plus whatever I spent in Hawaii.

3 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

Looks so great! How inventive! I love the new table too! Very cute!

Elaine said...

These look great!!

Don't forget to enter to win a tankini of your choice!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

James asked Lori said...

that is fantastic work! good job!