Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Patch 2008

So we decided this year that we were going to go to the pumpkin patch early since last year it was all brown and dead by the time we went. Well anyway yesterday was the first day that it was open to the public. So we decide that we would go after nap with some new friends of ours. As we were loading the kids into the car John asked "Do we have an umbrella?" I said "Some where in the car, but this is Hawaii, it probably will 'spit' for a second then stop" Well we got to the pumpkin patch and parked the car, started to walk towards the pumpkin patch and terenchal downpour started. We were all soaked in seconds, poor Noah, well lets just put it that he was not happy at all. Isaac wanted to play in the rain strangely enough. As we waited for the rain to stop we discussed whether or not to leave. And about the time we decided lets go home, the rains stopped and the sun came out in true Hawaii weather. So we got to have a wonderful muddy time as we explored the pumpkin patch.

These first few pictures were taken as it was still raining. And the one's of Isaac, well that is him running away, in the rain and then John chasing him.





Decided to get some pictures before we left, at this point it is still raining, you can tell my John's face.




Stopped Raining by now, so I could come out and take some pictures with our camera, and not get Noah wet.



"Let's get this one Mommy!!"

"I can get it to the checkout stand"


I thought that this wagon was there for photo opportunities, well as the lady pointed out "Umm, excuse me that is my wagon" Oops

They had a battered animal petting zoo, oh ah I mean a petting zoo there for a $1. So we let Isaac have some fun. I skipped all the petting zoo photos cause the video pretty much sums up what Isaac did the whole time.



Isaac is off to find that perfect pumpkin


Maybe it is over here

Still have not found the perfect pumpkin, lets take a break





I found this FUNKY gourd.


After finding the perfect pumpkin, well Daddy found it, Isaac insisted on carrying it for us.




As we walked back to the car I realized how dirty Isaac had become.

We decided to take off his shoes before all that mud went on the back of John's leather's seats
Ok the raindrops on top of the car just looked so cool. John told me I was a dork to take a picture of them, but here is my attempt at being artistic.

1 comment:

Joy said...

That just about sums up our trip to the pumpkin farm the 1st year we lived there. Only you left out the 2 inches of mudd caked to the bottom of our shoes...we are going on Saturday to our pumpkin farm. I am just scared it will be too cold :)